Standard Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: 1st February 2016
You indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions of service by placing an order with Wrants
- In this Agreement the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- "downtime" means any service interruption in the availability to visitors of the Website;
- intellectual property rights" means patents, trade mark, design rights, applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, topography rights, database rights, rights in know-how, trade or business names and other similar rights or obligations, whether registrable or not in any country;
- "IP address" stands for internet protocol address which is the numeric address for the server;
- "ISP" stands for Internet service provider;
- "server" means the computer server equipment operated by Wrants in connection with the provision of the Services;
- "The Services" means web hosting, domain name registration email and any other services or facilities provided by Wrants.
- "spam" means sending unsolicited and/or bulk emails;
- "virus" means a computer programme that copies itself or is copied to other storage media, including without limitation magnetic tape cassettes, memory chips, electronic cartridges, optical discs, and destroys, alters or corrupts data, causes damage to the user's files or creates a nuisance or annoyance to the user and includes without limitation computer programs commonly referred to as "worms" or "Trojan horses"
- "Visitor" means a third party who has accessed the Website;
- Product specifications and details may be obtained by contacting Wrants.
- Words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words denoting any gender shall include all genders.
- The headings of the paragraphs of the Agreement are inserted for convenience of reference only and are not intended to be part of or to affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement
- The customer wishes to provide Wrants with data that will be hosted on Wrants's servers and made accessible via the Internet.
- Wrants provides hosting services, either as detailed in Schedule 1 or your original quotation or your invoice, and has agreed to host the Customer's data upon the terms and conditions detailed in this Agreement.
- Wrants shall provide to the Customer the Services specified in their order subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The Customer shall deliver to Wrants the website and the software used in the website which is owned by the Customer, or licensed to him by a third party or Wrants (the Customer" software), in a format specified by Wrants.
4. CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- Wrants shall be entitled to charge interest in respect of late payment of any sum due under this Agreement, which shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 8% per annum above the base rate from time to time in force.
- Wrants does not provide credit facilities.
- From time to time Wrants may make enquiries on the Customer's Company, proprietor or directors of the Customers Company with credit reference agencies. These agencies may record that a search has been made and share this information with other businesses.
- Pro -rata refunds will not be issued for yearly services that are cancelled before the end of the year.
- Should your chosen payment method fail Wrants will attempt to settle your invoke using any other payment facilities available on your account.
- Should the customer fail to make any payment due under this Agreement within 30 days of the due date, then Wrants reserves the right to withdraw its services under this Agreement without further notice to the customer. Wrants will not be liable for any losses caused to the customer by withdrawing such services.
- All services will renew yearly automatically until cancelled by the customer. It is the customer's responsibility to cancel services prior to renewal should they wish as no refund can be made once renewal has occurred. Customers must notify us in writing at least 72 hours before a service is renewed if they wish to cancel that service. The cancellation process must be fully completed by you before your account is cancelled.
- Should the customer owe any monies to Wrants, either under this Agreement or under any other Agreement, and such payment is not made within 30 days of the due date, then Wrants reserves the tight to suspend its service under this Agreement without further notice to the customer. Wrants will not be liable for any losses caused to the customer by withdrawing such services but payment under the Agreement will be due.
5. IP ADDRESSES
- Wrants shall maintain control and ownership of the IP address that is assigned to the Customer as part of the services and reserves the right in its sole discretion to change or remove any and all IP addresses.
- Where Wrants changes or removes any IP address it shall use its reasonable endeavours to avoid any disruption to the Customer.
6. SERVICE LEVELS AND DATA BACKUP
- Wrants shall use its reasonable endeavours to make the server and the Services available to the Customer 100% of the time but because the Services are provided by means of computer and telecommunications systems, Wrants makes no warranties or representations that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free and Wrants shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of Service or downtime of the server.
- Wrants carries out data backups for use by Wrants in the event of systems failure. Wrants does not provide data restoration facilities for individual customers unless otherwise agreed. Even though every effort is made to ensure data is backed up correctly Wrants accepts no responsibility for data loss or corruption.
7. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- The website and use of the Services may be used for lawful purposes only and the Customer may not submit, publish or display any content that breaches any law, statue or regulation. In particular the Customer agrees not to;
- Use the Services or the website in any way to send unsolicited commercial email or "spam", or any similar abuse of the Services;
- Send email or any type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance of any computer facilities; Publish, post distribute or disseminate defamatory, obscene, indecent or other unlawful material or information, or any material or information which infringes any intellectual property rights (for the avoidance of doubt this includes licensed software distributed as Warez), via the Services or on the Website.
- Threaten, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Engage in illegal or unlawful activities through the Services or via the Website;
- Make available or upload files to the website or to the Services that the Customer knows contain a virus, worm, Trojan or corrupt data; or
- Obtain or attempt to obtain access, through whatever means, to areas of Wrants network or the Services which are identified as restricted or confidential. This includes leaving your home directory whilst using SSH access to servers.
- Operate or attempt to operate IRC bots or other permanent server processes.
- The Customer has full responsibility for the content of the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, Wrants is not obliged to monitor, and will have no liability for, the content of any communications transmitted by virtue of the Services.
- If the Customer fails to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy outlined in Cause 7 Wrants shall be entitled to withdraw the Services and terminate the Customer's account without notice.
- Wrants reserves the right to edit, alter, change or moderate any online content.
- The customer warrants and represents to Wrants that Wrants's use of the Content or the Customer Software In accordance with this Agreement will not Infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and that the Customer has the authority to license the Content and the Customer Software to Wrants as set out in Clause 6.2.
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly stated in this Agreement, whether oral or In writing or whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded. In particular and without prejudice to that generality, Wrants shall not be liable to the Customer as a result of any viruses introduced or passed on to the Customer
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exdude or limit Wrants's liability for death or personal injury resulting from Wrants's negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
- The entire liability of Wrants to the Customer in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement In respect of which the breach has arisen.
- In no event shall Wrants be liable to the Customer for any loss of business, loss of opportunity or loss of profits or for any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever. This shall apply even where such a loss was reasonably foreseeable or Wrants had been made aware of the possibility of the Customer incurring such a loss.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION
- This Agreement will become effective on the date the service is ordered and shall continue until terminated by either party in writing of its intention to terminate the Agreement.
- Wrants shall have the right to terminate this Agreement with Immediate effect by notice in writing to the Customer if the Customer falls to make any payment when it becomes due.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement forthwith by notice in writing to the other if:
- The other party commits a material breach of this Agreement and, in the case of a breath capable of being remedied, fails to remedy it within a reasonable time of being given written notices from the otter party to do so; or
- The other party commits a material breath of this Agreement which cannot be remedied under any circumstances; or
- The other party passes a resolution for winding up (other than for the purpose of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction), or a court of competent jurisdiction makes an order to that effect; or
- The other party ceases to carry on its business or substantially the whole of its business; or
- The other party is declared insolvent, or convenes a meeting of or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors; or a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, manager, trustee or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets.
- Any rights to terminate this Agreement shall be without prejudice to any other accrued rights and liabilities of the parties arising in any way out of this Agreement as at the date of termination.
- On termination all data held in the customer's account will be deleted.
- Wrants may assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement at any time.
- The Customer may not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement or any part of it without Wrants's prior written consent.
14. FORCE MAJEURE
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
18. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION